Monday, January 4, 2010

The Elusive Bowman Family Cookbook


After 5 years of trying I finally got a hold of the Bowman family cookbook. These are rare and hard to find (I stole it from my Grandma). Last night I was looking through it and I found a recipe that Amber contributed called German Pancakes. I only had wheat flour but I decided to give it a shot. They were delicious and I'm embarrassed to say we ate the whole pan. Here's the recipe.





German Pancakes

2 Tbs. Butter
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
6 eggs
1 cup milk

Preheat 400 degrees. Melt butter in 9x13 pan in hot oven. Beat eggs, flour, salt, and milk in a blender. Pour mixture into pan and Bake for 25 minutes. Cup up and top with butter and syrup. Other toppings may include powdered sugar, fresh fruit, jam, peanut butter, bacon and cheese, (or anything that sounds good)

1 comments:

Kimberly Ann said...

I'm gonna have to try these.

Post a Comment