Saturday, January 9, 2010

Why Didn't Anyone Tell Me This!!!




I discovered a great secret. I never have heard of this before. Wesley and Maddie are 7 and 6 years old and they fight non stop. All day I hear screaming, tattle telling, whining, and teasing usually I just send them to their room so I don't have to hear it. But today I discovered the secret of how to get them to stop fighting and a cleaner house. You want to hear it?  Every time they start to fight they automatically get a job to do. Did you read that? No negotiating (Maddie is good at that). I love, love, love it. The fighting has almost stopped and when it doesn't a chore gets done. Someone, somewhere knew this but didn't share, so now I'm telling everyone.

2 comments:

Our Loved-up Family said...

That is a great tip Anna!

Mrs Horne said...

Hey~thanks for the reminder...I forgot about this and last time we used it, it actually worked. I had put together a "pick a job" jar. The kids even chose which jobs went in the jar and would have pick out a piece of paper when the were fighting. I think we will try it again~ I'm desperate.

Great job with the blog! Looks awesome

Post a Comment